Find out How Powerful Mommy Bloggers Are
We came across these interesting statistics this week. What do they mean to you?
Move over June Cleaver and Carol Brady. Meet the Mommy Blogger. She seems so unassuming and quaint, but she wields a significant power and influence among her faithful readers. If you didn’t even know she existed until now, just let these stats paint her picture for you.
14% of all American mothers with at least one child in their household have read or contributed to a blog in the past 30 days, according to a recent study by Scarborough Research. About 3.9 million moms in the United States identify as bloggers, but just 500 of them are considered to be influential among other mothers.
The average mommy blogger is:
- 37 years old
- Have kids between the ages of 2 and 11
- Are socially conscious and are 85% more likely to have supported a politician based on an environmental issue
- 88% more likely to buy eco-friendly products
- 38% more likely to volunteer than the average mom
- 76% always vote in presidential elections
- Has a household income of $84,000, that’s $14,000 higher than average income for non-blogging moms.
- 52% more likely to have college degrees than moms who don’t.
- 90% have visited a social networking website in the past 30 days.
Knowing all this about mommy bloggers, how will you connect with this important demographic and use their influence to your benefit? Share your approach with us at Customer Insight Group.
More Posts That May Interest You
Filed under: Social Media Marketing