If developing a mobile marketing strategy isn’t on your to-do list yet, these stats should help you understand how important it is, and should provide some good information for your company to understand why it is time to start planning or expanding your mobile strategy.
Stats You Need to Know about Customers and Mobile Marketing
- Of Facebook’s nearly one billion strong users, approximately 200 million are mobile only. (Source: Social Media Today 2013)
- More people own a cell phone than a toothbrush. There are over 7 billion people in the world. An estimated 4 billion of them own mobile phones.
- 30% of consumers would like to receive mobile coupons. (Source: Juniper Research)
Businesses use Mobile Marketing to Achieve Business Goals
- 8% of advertisers plan to adopt mobile coupons by next year. (Source: Juniper Research)
- The redemption rates of mobile coupon are usually higher and range from 5% to 15% as compared to traditional print coupon with rates of 1% or less. (Source: Juniper Research)
- Mobile use generates 30% of Facebook’s ad revenue. (Source: Buffer)
- 63% of consumers felt that a coupon would be the most effective incentive to get them to respond to a mobile marketing message. (Source: ABI Research)
- 52% of consumers would use mobile coupons for a discount at a local store. (Source: ABI Research)
- 66% of user-generated tweets that mention brands come from mobile users. (Source: Buffer)
More Social Media Marketing Resources
Mobile Marketing Tips (coming soon)
Filed under: Mobile Marketing