Men Are More Likely Than Woman to Make Purchases on Mobile Devices
Posted by Mary Shaw
According to uSamp, 12% of woman find themselves shopping on their mobile devices while in the waiting room at the doctor’s office. However, 25% of men most frequently shop on mobile while at the office. The survey found:
- 27% of males purchase consumer electronics on mobile vs. 8% of females
- 23% of males purchase movie and event tickets on mobile vs. 11% of females
- 30% of males purchase digital content on mobile vs. 20% of females
- 13% of males purchase food and drinks on mobile vs. 8% of females
- 8% of males purchase office supplies on mobile vs. 4% of females
Considering how mobile devices are being used in purchase decisions, more men scan a product barcode with their mobile device vs. woman.
The survey found that men and woman who scan barcodes with mobile are shopping at these types of stores:
- Electronic store: 27% male vs. 12% female
- Convenience store: 7% male vs. 3% female
- Health & Beauty Store: 6% female vs. 2% male
Is your brand using advertising on mobile devices to reach new customers? Let us know what is working for your company.
Latest posts by Mary Shaw (see all)
Filed under: Mobile Marketing