According to uSamp, 12% of woman find themselves shopping on their mobile devices while in the waiting room at the doctor’s office. However, 25% of men most frequently shop on mobile while at the office. The survey found:
- 27% of males purchase consumer electronics on mobile vs. 8% of females
- 23% of males purchase movie and event tickets on mobile vs. 11% of females
- 30% of males purchase digital content on mobile vs. 20% of females
- 13% of males purchase food and drinks on mobile vs. 8% of females
- 8% of males purchase office supplies on mobile vs. 4% of females
Considering how mobile devices are being used in purchase decisions, more men scan a product barcode with their mobile device vs. woman.
The survey found that men and woman who scan barcodes with mobile are shopping at these types of stores:
- Electronic store: 27% male vs. 12% female
- Convenience store: 7% male vs. 3% female
- Health & Beauty Store: 6% female vs. 2% male
Is your brand using advertising on mobile devices to reach new customers? Let us know what is working for your company.
Filed under: Mobile Marketing