[Source: Pivot Conference]
Marketers struggle to get the most out of their presence on social sites, and with brands’ continued tenure on the networks, their goals and the metrics they use to measure their performance have changed over the last three years. Pivot conducted a study to learn more about the attitudes, decision-making and expectations of professionals leading social media initiatives at major organizations.
Most marketers seem to be getting a better handle on social. The percentage that said lack of a social strategy had prevented them from moving beyond experimentation went down between 2011 and 2012, from 41.6% to 32.5%. Meanwhile, budget became the biggest hindrance to forward action on social, cited by 62.5% in 2012, up from 47.2% the previous year. Here are some additional key findings from the study:
1) Sales matter, but engagement matters more.
2) The deal era has passed! Content and insight is more important.
3) Companies tie social media measurement metrics to business goals.
Find out how well your company is mastering: reach, likes, comments, shares, subscribers, stories, tweets, retweets, circles, engagement, status updates, talking about this, events, followers, visual content, friends of fans, pins, repins, boards, hashtags, +1’s, favorites and more.
For a free, no obligation social media assessment simply complete the quick profile, then we’ll email you a comprehensive Social Media Report Card with an assessment of how you stack up on each of your social media channels and tips to help you harness social media to drive business results.
Top 5 Reasons to Get Your Grade
- See Where You Stand – When it come to social media, it’s a relatively new, constantly evolving field. Haven’t you always wanted to see where you land?
- Get Best Practices – For every channel that is graded, we offer best practices as well, so no matter what your grade, you’ll get valuable information to help you optimize your social media presence to engage, keep and grow your customer relationships.
- Fuel Your Fire – Take your social media grade to the higher ups and show them where you need to throw your time, efforts and budgets to boost brand awareness and grow sales.
- Affirmation or Enlightenment – If you’ve been working blindly just trying to stay ahead of the social media curve, it can be hard to sit back and critique yourself. This does it for you in a quick snapshot of progress and ideas for improvement.
- Bragging Rights – Admit it, you’d love to be able to show off how on top of social media you are as a company. We bet you were an honor student way back when, too.
Get Your Grade Today
Need help creating a social media strategy for your business? Let the social media experts at Customer Insight Group show you how.
More Posts That May Interest You
Filed under: Social Media Marketing