Marketers know that developing and executing successful marketing strategies that will create a positive impact on their organization’s bottom line begins with the knowledge found in consumer data. Consumer data provides insight about who buys your products or services, why they purchase, when they purchase, what turns a prospect into a customer and so much more. Knowledge empowers marketers to create impactful marketing decisions that increase sales.
Ensuring you have the most relevant, robust marketing data available, requires a marketing database solution that provides full integration across platforms, routine updates and maintenance as well as the ability to export the data into other marketing and sales systems requiring fully integrated data—all necessities in meeting an organization’s evolving marketing needs.
Evaluate your current marketing data solution by considering the following questions.
- Is your marketing data updated frequently enough to meet your needs?
- Do all of your marketing and sales platforms have access to up-to-date, fully integrated data, opt-outs and suppressions?
- Do you have the ability to run ROI reports and responder profiling analyses?
- Is your data trustworthy, accessible, fresh and integrated (TAFI)?
- Do you have the ability to incorporate modeling, profiling, demographics and lifestyle data into your marketing database?
- Can you manage prospect data usage to ensure you adhere to list rental policies?
- Is your marketing data easily accessed to perform analyses, run counts, lists and reports at the individual, household, address, or other unique level(s) that are important to your business?
- Is your transactional data integrated with individual customer data?
- Do you have the ability to track touches and promotion history?
As you read through the above list, if you realize that the data and database you are using for marketing is not effectively supporting your needs, you are not alone. But you need to act; your marketing and business depend on it. Although it takes time and effort, work with appropriate resources to bring your marketing database back to relevance. Depending on how close your current marketing database solution is to retirement, it may be time to completely redevelop your database.
In any event, there is no substitute for a well-functioning, efficient, and effective marketing database. In the end, your marketing effort and results will be well worth the investment!
Dovetail provides marketers with a marketing database solution that fully-integrates marketing data from across an organization into a scalable solution that will grow with your company. In addition, Dovetail performs routine updates and maintenance to ensure your data is always fresh and actionable, provides a variety of reporting and analyses options and leverages pristine, integrated data into other marketing and sales platforms.
Recommended for You
Filed under: Database Marketing