Posted by Mary Shaw
Since its launch in March of 2010, Pinterest has shown explosive growth and there are no signs of it slowing down. Here are some stats that retailers should know about Pinterest.
- Pinterest generates 4x more revenue (per click) than Twitter.
- Pins are said to drive 2 site visits and 6 pageviews, on average, while generating more than 10 repins.
- 47% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from Pinterest.
- Pinterest generates 27% more revenue (per click) than Facebook.
- Over 80% of pins are repinned.
- Call-to-Action pin descriptions see an 80% increase in engagement.
- Pinterest accounts for 25% of all retail referral traffic.
- Conversion rates for Pinterest traffic are 50% higher than conversion rates from other traffic.
- Pinterest referrals spend 70% more than visitors from non-social channels including search.
Latest posts by Mary Shaw (see all)
Filed under: Social Media Marketing