How Google+ Is Encircling Your Brand
Although it’s no Facebook, Google+ is emerging as a great way for brands to connect directly with consumers.
In the last month alone, Google+ fans — i.e., the number of users in “circles” — of the world’s top 100 brands grew from 222,000 to 3,100,000. The relative explosion — recorded by digital marketing platform provider BrightEdge — represented a 1,400% increase for Google+.
Which brands are making out best? According to BrightEdge, the growth is being driven largely by 10 brands that have established a powerful presence on Google+. The “G+ Ten” account for more than 3 million of the 3.1 million followers and bring more than 10 times as many followers as brands in the rest of the top 100.
Top 10 Brands:
- H&M now holds the No. 1 slot with 462,000 followers
- Coca-Cola has 336,000 followers
- Pepsi with 350,000 followers
- Samsung with 372,000 followers
- Starbucks with 335,00 followers
- Sony with 258,000 followers
- Intel with 258,000 followers
- eBay has 253,000 followers
- Google has 193,000 followers
- Amazon with 184,000 followers
Does your company have a presence on Google+ yet? If not, are you ready to get started? Let the experts at Customer Insight Group help you get a handle on the latest social media channels and how you can engage, keep and grow profitable customer relationships.
Filed under: Social Media Marketing