Here are some interesting facts and figures about consumers’ usage on mobile devices. As the stats below show, companies need to make sure they have a mobile-optimized website and a social media presence to reach today’s consumers.
With the ever increasing use of mobile devices retailers can optimize mobile banner ads, sponsored stories and video to reach their target market.
A recent survey conducted by Prosper Mobile Insights revealed the following about how mobile users view advertising:
- 11.2% say they regularly pay attention to sponsored stories or links
- 10.0% view ads that play before/during a video
- 8.8% view more video ads in general
Advertisers should be careful when evaluating the amount of time a consumer spends on a mobile ad and why video ads
get more attention:
- 51.3% More likely to grab attention
- 34.5% More enjoyable than standard ads
- 30.4% Not able to click away without watching a part of it
- 25.2% Content is more relevant
- 23.1% Similar to enjoyable ads on TV
- 21.9% Have to watch to find out what is advertised
[Source: Prosper Mobile Insights]
Mobile is here to stay, and your consumers are using it virtually every day of their lives. Is your website mobile-friendly?
Recommended for You
Filed under: Mobile Marketing