20 Facebook for Business Marketing Tips
Facebook marketing is a strategic business promotion tactic. With 1.86 billion monthly active users (as of fourth quarter of 2016, Facebook has a dominant market presence that will benefit your business.
Using Facebook for business is important, but managing that marketing presence is imperative. Start with just one Facebook tip or dive right in and spend some time developing your page and getting to your audience quickly and easily.
Drive visitors to your website, engage and interact with them, and convert them into active sales leads and customers by optimizing your Facebook page with the following tips:
- Create a business page, not a personal profile, for Facebook marketing. The two types of Facebook presences work differently. And Facebook’s Terms of Service prohibit using a personal account to represent a business.
- Customize your business Facebook page URL. When you first create a business page, it will have a randomly assigned number at the end of the URL. You will want to change that to your business name or motto.
- Don’t forget a cover photo when you use Facebook for business. A great cover photo draws in visitors and makes them want to stay on your page and come back for more. Periodically change your cover to reflect your business.
- Include an engaging profile picture. This could be a photo of you as a business owner or entrepreneur, a photo of your top product, or your company logo. Save the file as a PNG for best results.
- Write a descriptive “About” section to introduce visitors to your business and let them know exactly what you can do for them.
- A little known Facebook tip is to add milestones if your business has won awards, has made announcements or press releases, or has other accolades.
- Use the Call to Action button to encourage visitors to buy or visit your website and link to web pages with products and services. Let them know what actions they can take as your customers and make it easy for them to do so.
- Create custom apps like Pinterest, Twitter and email sign up. The more apps you can encourage visitors to stay on your page and engage with your brand and content.
- Be responsive and earn the “Very Responsive to Messages” badge to let your users know your business cares about their needs and their concerns.
- Optimize your posting times for the highest engagement with your brand. Although there are studies about optimal posting times such as 3:00pm on Wednesdays, as well as Thursdays and Fridays, test posting times for yourself to find out what works best for you and your brand.
- Got a business blog? Post blog content of interest and value to your audience. Your blog does double duty and reaches far more viewers when you post it to your business Facebook page.
- Post lots of photos, videos, infographics, and other visual material. Not only does it get better engagement, but it also auto-populates the “photos” and “videos” tabs on your page, giving visitors more to do when they visit your page. A Hubspot study found that content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.
- Format your images properly for the best presentation. Check out Facebook’s guide for images, but be sure to use these common formats. Cover photo’s should be 851 px wide by 315 px tall and profile images should be 180 px wide by 180 px tall.
- Be sure to post videos, and consider how to use Facebook Live, a live streaming video feature that lets you post live video feed on your page. Facebook Live lets you see comments and likes in real time from viewers while sharing product and service information or business events with live video. Facebook now sees 100 million hours of daily video watch time. Videos earn the highest rate of engagement, despite only making up 3% of content
- Use creative posts to highlight your employees, new products or services, or company’s history. For instance, Throwback Thursday posts for photos of your early days in business help your audience get to know and understand your business better.
- Use the Admin Panel on your business Facebook page to access Facebook Insights. Learn what posts get the most likes and shares to continuously improve on engagement.
- Keep consistent posting by preparing and scheduling posts in advance so you never miss an opportunity to engage your audience. 49% of users like a Facebook page to support a brand they like and they look forward to hearing from you.
- Make it easy for your followers to show how much they like your page and your business by adding social media buttons. The Facebook Like Box, Follow Button, and Share Button all give your followers the ability to easily push your posts out to their friends and family, extending your social media reach and influence.
- Use Facebook advertising to extend your reach beyond your current followers and get more eyes on your page and posts.
- Promote your page in your other social media, on your website, and in any print materials such as business cards, postcards, invoicing, and signage.
More Posts That May Interest You
Filed under: Facebook