Facebook has recently introduced Audience Insights, a tool within Ads Manager that lets advertisers gather customer insights about their target audiences.
Audience Insights will give marketers trends about their current or potential customers across Facebook, allowing them to tailor their marketing messages based on what the tool surfaces. The tool gives insights about users in the following categories:
- Demographics: Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role, and household size.
- Page Likes: The top Pages people like in different categories, like women’s apparel or sports.
- Location and Language: Where people live and the languages they speak.
- Facebook Usage: How frequently people in the target audience login to Facebook and which devices they use.
- Purchase Activity: Past purchase behavior and methods (online vs offline).
“We built Audience Insights with privacy in mind,” says Facebook. “It surfaces aggregated information people already express on Facebook, along with information from trusted third-party partners — like Acxiom — through our partner categories targeting. Like Page Insights, Audience Insights shows information about groups of people without the need to share which individual people are in those groups. This allows marketers to view aggregate and anonymous insights while keeping people’s personal information private.”
Audience Insights is rolling out to all U.S. marketers. It will be expanded to the rest of the world over the coming months.
What do you think about Facebook’s new insights tool?
More Posts That May Interest You
Filed under: Social Media Marketing