Epsilon released its Q3 2008 U.S. Email Trends and Benchmarks Results compiled from aggregate data from the more than 6.2 billion emails sent by Epsilon in July, August and September 2008, across multiple industries and more than 200 clients.
- Open rates remained consistent over the past year ranging between 19-21%.
- Click rates rose 27.6% from last quarter.
- Average volume per client increased 13% from last quarter moving into the 2008 holiday season.
- Business Publishing/Media, Consumer Publishing/Media, Retail General and Travel Services all saw an increase in all three major metrics – deliverability, opens and clicks – compared to last quarter 2008. There were no industries that saw a decline in each of those same three metrics.
- Email is currently driving an average of $0.14 in revenue per email delivered which means that email continues to deliver a healthy return even in the current economic downturn.
Recommended for You
Filed under: Email Marketing