Nearly two-thirds 62% of Americans say they want to see original content directly from brands and 46% of Americans read the blogs of their favorite brands.
In addition to consumers frequenting the blogs of their favorite brands, 48% said that it is important for brands to produce content on their blog for reasons such as:
- It provides consumers with the most up to date information – 32%
- It gives consumers a more personal connection with the company – 16%
- It gives brands a voice – 15%
Inversely, nearly half of consumers 40% said that there are negative effects if brands do not produce content on their blogs, including:
- The brand loses communication with its customers – 19%
- The brand may lose customers to its competitors – 16%
- The brand looks lazy – 12%
- The brand becomes less relevant – 10%
Additionally, almost all of the respondents 96% aren’t interested in seeing stories about how celebrities are using a company’s products.
“It’s never been more important for brands to stay relevant by producing their own content,” said Heather Brunner, CEO of WP Engine. “Consumers demand content and the research shows that even with various outlets they can go to, consumers still want to hear directly from the brands. It’s important for companies to share their thoughts as it gives them a personal touch with their customers allowing more meaningful conversations to arise.”
Recommended for You
Filed under: Brand Loyalty