[Social Media Examiner, 4/3/12]
A significant 85% of all marketers indicated that their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses. Social Media Examiner announced the results of its fourth annual survey, which this year had replies from more than 3,800 social media marketers around the world.
The top 4 social media benefits for marketers are:
- 85% Increase exposure
- 69% Increase in website traffic
- 65% Provide marketing insights
- 58% Lead generation
Companies may be asking, “Can I achieve more benefits by investing more time in social media?”, “Are marketers who’ve been using social media for years gaining even better results?”
It takes time to develop relationships that lead to sales. However, a large percentage of marketers who take the time find great results.
- 58% of marketers who have been using social media for more than 3 years report it helped them improved sales.
- 61% of marketers see lead generations benefits by spending 6 hours per week.
- 74% of participants had increased traffic with 6 hours per week on social media.
- 65% of marketers found social media to be a helpful tool in understanding the marketplace.
- 63% of B2C companies were much more likely to develop a loyal fan base through social media than B2B (54%).
Time invested makes a difference. How much time do you spend on your social media marketing channels? Need help? Contact us today.
Filed under: Social Media Marketing