Are you looking for ways to strengthen the impact of your social media in 2014?
Your brand isn’t just what you say it is. It’s also about what your employees, customers, prospects, competitors, and world at large say it is. They’re forming and sharing opinions that will impact your brand. As we like to say, a brand is the sum of all conversations, and in the fast-moving and dynamic world of social media, it isn’t always easy to generate the buzz your looking for. A social media strategy is needed to cultivate interactions and dialogue. In this article, we’ll share 7 tips that will help you engage and grow your social media following.
- Set Goals – Before you set-up your Facebook page, think about how you will use Facebook to support your business goals. Next, create a strategy to support those goals. 54% of marketers gained a new customer through Facebook this year alone.
- Plan Ahead – Create a content calendar and schedule your posts. Post at least once a day, seven days a week. Content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media.
- Think Visually – Posts, including photos, video and photo albums typically create greater engagement. Include keyword relevant captions, photo descriptions and website links in your albums. Optimize images for the 403 x 403 pixel display in the timeline. Larger images typically get more likes, shares and comments.
- Measure, Evaluate, Adjust – Track on-site and off-site user interaction with your content, and tie it all back to your bottom line revenue through goals and conversions. When you use custom URL’s to link to your website, you can track the click through rate to your website with Google Analytics.
- Reward Fans – Reward your loyal fans with special offers, insider information, contest and sweepstakes.
- Cross Promote – Make it easy for your customers to find you and to connect. Promote your social channels on your website, in your emails and offline, too.
- Encourage Interactions – Engaged users buy more, recommend more and are more loyal. Approximately 46% of web users turn to social media for making purchases.
There’s a lot going on in the world of social media marketing in 2014. We’ve covered some solid ways to help ground your efforts and explored some of the innovative changes that can improve your results.
Customer Insight Group is the leading social media marketing agency in Colorado and we invite you to take advantage of these additional resources:
Visit our Marketing Library and keep up to date on trends, best practices, tools, platforms, companies and personalities that are revolutionizing the way companies connect with their customers and prospects.
Get your free social media assessment simply go to Social Media Grader and complete the quick profile, then we’ll email you a comprehensive Social Media Report Card.
Recommended for You
Filed under: Social Media Marketing