Toys”R”Us today announced the next evolution of Rewards”R”Us, the company’s complimentary loyalty program, with the launch of an all-new integrated, point-based system that delivers streamlined benefits for members, as well as new and existing “R”Us® credit cardholders. Program enhancements reflect feedback from the company’s most valued customers and its continued commitment to rewarding brand loyalty.
Rewards”R”Us members can now enjoy unlimited access to expanded loyalty benefits when shopping at Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us® stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com. Toys”R”Us is also launching its new credit card program, including an “R”Us-branded credit card and a MasterCard co-branded card, issued by GE Capital Retail Bank, connecting cardholders with all the perks of Rewards”R”Us and more.
Beginning July 1, Rewards”R”Us members can take advantage of the following enhanced benefits:
- No earning exclusions or blackout periods, allowing for year-round rewards on all purchases, including those in January, which were previously excluded.
- Two points for every dollar spent on most Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us purchases* in-store or online and one point for every dollar spent on all gift cards, electronics and entertainment products, diapers, wipes, formula and baby food purchases.
- Members earn $5 “R”Us Reward Dollars for every 500 points accrued when they previously earned “R”Us Reward Dollars only after spending a specified amount over a three-month period.
- Points never expire so members can accumulate them over time, making it easier than ever before to earn “R”Us Reward Dollars. Formerly, rewards could only be earned during specified promotional periods and could not be carried over.
- Potential to earn $20 “R”Us Reward Dollars monthly that can be used for Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us purchases** in-store or online. Any points earned beyond the $20 threshold will carry over to the next month.
“The enhancement of our loyalty program, paired with the new “R”Us credit card, is a natural evolution of Rewards”R”Us and aligns with how our customers want to shop and connect with our brand today,” said Peter Reiner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Toys”R”Us, U.S. “By providing streamlined features and new benefits, like no product exclusions and exponential perks for “R”Us credit card holders, we’re delivering a convenient, value-added experience that makes shopping fun for our most loyal customers.”
Beginning July 10, new and existing “R”Us credit card holders will be automatically enrolled in Rewards”R”Us and can earn points faster with the following benefits:
- Cardholders earn double points, or four points for every dollar spent on all Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us in-store and online purchases. “R”Us MasterCard holders earn one point spent everywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- Cardholders now earn rewards faster, as “R”Us Reward Dollars are earned after accumulating 500 points, versus 1,000 points previously.
- Points never expire so cardholders can accumulate them over time, making it easier than ever before to earn “R”Us Reward Dollars.
- Potential to earn $150 “R”Us Reward Dollars per month***, and any points beyond the $150 threshold carry over to the next month since the points never expire.
- New and existing “R”Us credit card holders can also take advantage of new program offers, such as 10% off an in-store purchase or six-month special financing offer with a purchase of $299 or more****.
Ongoing Rewards”R”Us Benefits Rewards”R”Us members planning for a new arrival through their Babies”R”Us Registry are also eligible to receive Registry Rewards every time family and friends make a purchase from their Registry. Members will earn two points for every dollar spent on Registry purchases, and gift givers who are Rewards”R”Us members also earn points as they would with any purchase as a loyalty member or credit cardholder*****.
Additional ongoing perks for Rewards”R”Us members and “R”Us credit card holders include:
- Very Important Baby (V.I.B.) Program – Members of Rewards”R”Us can take advantage of the V.I.B. program, providing parents an opportunity to earn a 10% bonus savings on baby essentials. The complimentary V.I.B. card is much like a debit card and can be used for purchases of any brand of diapers, wipes, formula and baby food at “R”Us stores nationwide. To help parents stretch their dollars, every time money is loaded onto the card, Babies”R”Us will add 10% – up to $200 annually.
- Rewards”R”Us members earn one point for every dollar loaded onto the V.I.B. card.
- “R”Us credit card holders earn four points for every dollar loaded onto the V.I.B. card.
- Safety Notifications – Members with an active e-mail address on file will automatically receive notices if a product they purchased with their membership at an “R”Us store or online has been recalled.
- Member Shopping Events – Members will receive advance notice of exclusive in-store sales and events.
- Members Only Discounts – Members will receive discounts and special offers via periodic mailings and e-mails.
- Returns Made Easy – Members do not have to worry about keeping receipts for their purchases in the event they wish to make a return or exchange in-store. To make returns even easier, the company implemented a system whereby store employees can look up any member’s transaction simply by rescanning the shopper’s card, as long as the member’s card was scanned during the original purchase. All members have to do is remember to scan their card each and every time they shop with “R”Us (Normal return policy applies).
In conjunction with the integrated Rewards”R”Us program, Toys”R”Us, has launched a dedicated website, Toysrus.com/myrewards, where customers can sign up for the program, and members can login to manage their accounts, view and print “R”Us Reward Dollars and track their purchases and progress on special promotions. In addition, a multi-faceted in-store and online marketing campaign will support the next evolution of Rewards”R”Us and the introduction of the new “R”Us credit card.[Source: Toys R Us]
More Posts That May Interest You
Filed under: Brand Loyalty