Walgreens announced their new updated program, myWalgreens, to offer customers extensive new benefits, including the fastest same-day retail pickup offering available today. Walgreen’s customer loyalty program has more than 100 million members. Customers can now shop online and on a fully-redesigned mobile app for health and wellness items, and then pick them up in the store, curbside, or at the drive-thru in as little as 30 minutes.
Starting November 19, 2020, current Walgreens Balance Rewards members can transfer their membership to myWalgreens at mywalgreens.com. Current Balance Rewards members have until January 31, 2021 to sign up for myWalgreens to ensure that existing rewards roll over to the newly updated program. Over the next several months, myWalgreens will announce even more benefits for customers and patients.
myWalgreens Program Benefits
myWalgreens program benefits include:
- 1% Walgreens Cashback rewards storewide
- 5% Walgreens Cash rewards on Walgreens branded products
- “Only for you” exclusive deals
The new benefits are in addition to many others already offered by Walgreens. These include an at-home delivery service through DoorDash and Postmates and a Prescription Savings Club with up to 80 percent off cash retail prices.
In addition, the mobile app now features a broad range of health and wellness services for customers and patients, including a 24/7 pharmacy chat, access to find and book medical care and vaccination appointments, personalized health and wellness advice, real-time flu alerts, and more. The previous version of the app is already very popular and has been downloaded more than 65 million times.
“As America’s community pharmacy, Walgreens is delivering an unparalleled experience to help customers and patients manage their health and wellbeing during the most severe health crisis of our lifetimes. As always, our more than 25,000 community pharmacists remain at the core of our offering. Our pharmacists and patient care teams do far more than just filling prescriptions – they provide trusted advice, personalized support, and a vast range of services.”John Standley, Walgreens president.
Online or on the app, myWalgreens members can:
Save Time and Increase Convenience
- Shop a full assortment of more than 27,000 items, including everyday health and wellness and over-the-counter essentials, as well as photos
- Add a payment method to their digital wallet for faster contactless checkout
- Redeem Walgreens Cash rewards instantly at checkout
- Choose digital receipts for quick contactless checkout and to track purchases
- Earn bonus Walgreens Cash rewards for achieving health goals
- Receive daily, personalized recommendations for health and wellness, as well as real-time local environment and health forecasts
- Donate their Walgreens Cash rewards to charity (the eligible charity organizations will rotate, beginning with the Full Plate Project, a program of Comic Relief U.S.’ Red Nose Day which works to end child poverty)
Also, Walgreens ended its Beauty Enthusiast program on Oct. 31, 2020, but myWalgreens will offer rewards on beauty purchases. The Walgreens Plus prescription discount program will no longer accept enrollments or renewals beginning Nov. 5, 2020, but current active members can continue using their benefits.