Effective May 29, 2020, Sephora released the next evolution of its Beauty Insider loyalty program. This update takes the client experience to the next level thanks to new offerings like Beauty Insider Cash, which allows clients to get instant savings on their purchase, along with other perks like point multiplier events, more sampling choices than ever, and exclusive experiences like early access to brand launches and the most coveted beauty events (whenever social distancing restrictions begin to lift and we can safely welcome clients back).
These new program elements underscore Sephora’s ongoing commitment that – even in dynamic business environments – the company’s focus remains on the client’s long-term loyalty. The new enhancements to the loyalty program round out Beauty Insider’s already robust set of offerings with even more value and choice for Sephora clients, by connecting them to what they love—their favorite brands, founders, and products.
“Our goal is to create a multi-faceted and well-rounded program to cater to the changing needs of our clients. We know they want more ways to save and even more access to things like products, brand founders, services and one-of-a-kind experiences that are unique to Sephora. We also know rewards that provide greater emotional and memorable experiences are the most meaningful for our clients, and we want to continue to deliver personalized experiences where our clients can choose what works best for their needs. The emotional component of loyalty is a vital driver of our loyalty program and what really matters most to our clients.”
Allegra Stanley Krishnan, VP and GM of Loyalty at Sephora
What’s new for Beauty Insider
More Ways to Save In-Store and Online
- Beauty Insider Cash: Members can use their hard-earned points to get instant savings at checkout; 500 points give members $10 cash to use at checkout online and in-store – instantly
- Free Shipping: All members will now get free standard shipping; Rouge members can enjoy this perk with all purchases, VIB on purchases of $35 or more, and Insiders when they spend $50.
- Discount & Point Multiplier Events: Earn points faster and exchange points for savings during new members-only events.
More Access to Samples
- New Birthday Gift Offerings: All members can choose from new categories including hair care and body care options from some of their favorite brands, including Briogeo, MILK Makeup, and Sol De Janeiro
- Meet and Greets, Trips, and More: As soon as social distancing restrictions are lifted, members will be able to exchange their points for exclusive experiences like a one-on-one meet-up with a brand founder, a facial from a skincare guru, or a chance to see how their favorite product is made. In the meantime, members can engage with all digitally-accessible rewards.
- First Access to Product: Rouge members get first access to the biggest product launches.
Sephora Loyalty Program Tiers
Beauty Insider is a tiered loyalty program, which is free for all clients to join, has continued to evolve since its launch in February 2007, from the introduction of the beloved Birthday Gift to the launch and expansion of the Rewards Bazaar.
The program is comprised of three tiers: Rouge, V.I.B., and Insider, all offering key benefits and exclusive access, including:
- Rewards Bazaar: an online platform where members can exchange their points for a variety of products and one-of-a-kind experiences. New rewards drop every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 am PST
- Point Sample Sets Refreshed Weekly: Choose from a variety of 750, 500, 250, and 100-point sample sets, providing access to the most covetable brands like La Mer and Drunk Elephant, that are updated frequently throughout the year, so there is always something new to try in-store and online
- Using Your Points to Give Back: Launching in June, clients can now use their points to make a difference. Sephora’s Charity Rewards make it easier to support organizations that provide critical aid in our communities. By redeeming points for a Charity Reward, Sephora will donate the corresponding amount to the Tides Foundation to benefit a featured charity. Charities will be selected on a rotating basis, starting with the National Black Justice Coalition in June and Project Glimmer in July. Please visit SephoraStands.com to learn more
- Beauty Insider Community: a members-only mobile and online platform that serves as a destination for beauty-lovers to find inspiration, ask questions, post beauty looks and get product recommendations in an unsponsored, real-time, “real talk” social setting
- Sephora Credit Card: a card that enables members to earn even more value at Sephora stores and in their day-to-day lives. Cardmember benefits include 4% back on every Sephora purchase and no annual fees.