Looks like the rules of engagement with prominent sporting goods retailer, DICK’S Sporting Goods just changed up. To further enhance the mobile and in-store experience for its customers, DICK’S Sporting Goods, the largest U.S.-based full-line sporting goods retailer, announced the launch of a comprehensive mobile application for iPhone® and Android™ smartphones.
With the new DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App, users will have access to all the benefits of the ScoreCard® Rewards Program, the ability to locate DICK’S stores in the area or make purchases directly from the app, as well as be rewarded for engaging with the DICK’S Sporting Goods brand on social media.
The Dick’s Sporting Goods Mobile App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod Touch as well as from Google Play or for both platforms.
Debuting at No.1 among iPhone apps in the Lifestyle category, the DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App empowers users with a wide array of tools and features including:
- Seamless integration with the ScoreCard Rewards Program – including the ability to create an account, track points, access Rewards Certificates and make ScoreCard Rewards purchases. Customers with the App will no longer need to carry their physical ScoreCard Rewards Card or print Rewards Certificates to redeem them. Additionally, for a limited time, ScoreCard Reward members who download the App will receive 50 ScoreCard Rewards bonus points.
- Quick and easy “Find a Store” tool to help users locate a DICK’S Sporting Goods store in their area.
- Full access to shop the extensive lineup of products and make purchases directly from the app.
- Built-in barcode scanner functionality, allowing shoppers to scan product and marketing QR codes in-store and access information including product description, news, price and user reviews.
- The ability to “like” DICK’S Sporting Goods on Facebook and “follow” the brand on Twitter as well as check into DICK’S locations on Foursquare. By interacting with the brand via any of these actions, for a limited time ScoreCard Reward members can earn bonus ScoreCard Rewards points – even without making a purchase.
“Our goal is to provide a world-class shopping experience for our valued customers when they visit DICK’S Sporting Goods stores or when they shop for products at DICK’S online,” said Lauren Hobart, DICK’S Sporting Goods Chief Marketing Officer. “As we continue to advance our mobile strategy, we’re excited to debut our new smartphone application which will enhance the in-store experience by empowering users to optimize their purchases, while receiving unique and rewarding opportunities to further engage with our brand via social media.”[Source: DICK’S Sporting Goods]
Filed under: Mobile Marketing