Online retailer Zappos.com announces its first-ever loyalty program, Zappos Rewards, a four-tier benefits program. In Zappos.com’s latest effort to wow customers, the progression-based program will allow customers to earn Rewards Points towards future purchases, get free expedited shipping on all orders, and receive early access to exclusive products and sales.
With the launch of Zappos Rewards, Zappos.com is the only retailer offering free 2-business day and free 1-business day shipping on all orders with no membership fees or minimum order values. The retailer is proud to offer their customers some of the quickest and most reliable shipping and handling.
“As we designed the Zappos Rewards program, our goal was to take our customer service to the next level,” said Arun Rajan, COO of Zappos.com. “We leaned on one of our company purposes — ‘To Live and Deliver WOW’ — and we trust this program will truly wow our customers.”
Zappos Launches a Tiered Loyalty Program
Zappos.com shoppers can now earn and redeem Rewards Points in various ways, and the benefits vary based upon tier placement. There are four tiers in the program: Silver, Gold, Platinum, and an invite-only Elite tier. Customers may redeem every 1,000 points earned for $1 in Rewards Codes.
It’s Easy to Earn Zappos Rewards
Customers earn for transactions and for engaging with the brand. There is a mix of hard and soft benefits. The overall idea of a tiered loyalty program is that the greater the customer’s brand loyalty, the more recognition and rewards they earn.
- Earn 10 points per every $1 spent on a purchase
- Earn 50 points for logging into Zappos.com on any device*
- Earn 100 points when you help other Zappos.com shoppers by writing a review
Other “WOW” benefits of the Zappos Rewards program:
- Free, expedited shipping at all tier levels
- Points can be applied toward Zappos Rewards Codes, which can be applied toward future purchases on Zappos.com
- Zappos Rewards members will receive a dedicated customer service phone number
- Early access to exclusive products and sales
- Opportunities to suggest your own Zappos Rewards and test new features
- Free UPS pickups for merchandise returns
- Free returns beyond the 365-day return policy
- Other exclusive perks at each tier level
You may be familiar with tiered loyalty programs offered by Hotels and Airlines. You may not realize that tiered loyalty programs work for a variety of industries dependent on the goals of the program. Starbucks, Kohl’s, The Bon Ton and other retailers have successful tiered programs. The key to a successful tiered program is communication. Members need to know the program benefits, their current status and how close the are to earning more perks.
Recommended for You
Filed under: Brand Loyalty