Goals of Updated Loyalty Program — Heathrow Rewards
- Generate incremental sales and income
- Increase membership
- Gather customer insights
- Improve customer experience
- Provide relevant and motivating rewards
- Expand to new technologies for greater accessibility & usability
New Digitized Loyalty Program
By digitizing the loyalty program, Heathrow Airport opened a new communication channel with the travelers by directly getting into their phones. Push updates, offers and loyalty campaigns in collaboration with merchants became easier to implement and deploy.
“We [want] to improve the passenger experience so we are connected to deliver the world’s best airport service,” said Simon Chatfield, head of eBusiness and CRM at Heathrow Airport. “That requires insight and greater touch points.”
Heathrow’s biggest entry point to the customer relationship is through its free Wi-Fi service, which 20,000 to 30,000 passengers log onto any given morning or afternoon, Chatfield said. The airport also gets CRM data from the 2.2 million customers signed up for its loyalty rewards program.By aggregating that information about its passengers and how they move through the terminal, Heathrow’s airport experience becomes more relevant to those customers’ reasons for traveling, Chatfield said.
Impact of the Heathrow Rewards loyalty program:
- 14% increase in active members
- 60% increase in the number of transactions
- 150% increase in redemption
- 20% increase in spend per visit, £70 higher than non-members
Benefits of the Heathrow Rewards Program
Members collect points for the following transactions and/or activities:
- Shopping – Collect points on almost everything you buy*.
- Eating and drinking – Collect points at restaurants, bars, cafés and food shops.
- Heathrow Parking – Collect points when you pre-book online or pay on the day.
- Heathrow Express – Collect points when you book your train tickets online or via the Heathrow Express app.
- Currency – Collect 1 point for every £10 exchanged at Travelex.
- Travel Partners – Transfer your Miles into Heathrow Rewards points with Emirates Skywards and Miles & More.
- Hotel Partner – Collect points while you sleep with Rocketmiles.
- Lounges – Collect points while you relax in one of our partner paid-for lounges.
- Premium Services – Collect points when you book any of Heathrow’s Premium Services.
- 100 extra points when you register your card
Heathrow Rewards Loyalty Bonuses & Premium Membership
Travelers can collect points even faster with loyalty bonuses and promotion with their Premium membership.
- 100 bonus points when you reach 250 standard points.
- Collect another 100 bonus points when you reach £500 spend.
Premium members collect double points:
- 2 points for every £1 spent.
- 2 points for every £10 exchanged at Travelex.
Premium membership starts as soon as you reach £750 spend in any calendar year. Premium membership continues throughout the following year and for every subsequent year if you meet the minimum spend requirements.
Who is Customer Insight Group?
Customer Insight Group is a Colorado-based loyalty marketing agency leading the way in helping companies engage, keep and grow profitable customer relationships.
A lot of companies are testing different loyalty program strategies, the more promising and successful ones seem to share some common characteristics. Learn the seven lessons from the innovators in the Making Loyalty Pay: 7 Proven Strategies presentation.