GameStop Revamps Powerup Rewards Loyalty Program
In a shift to provide greater value to its customers, GameStop announced upgrades to its PowerUp Rewards customer loyalty program to provide its Pro-level members stronger benefits and more flexibility towards new and pre-owned video games, accessories, collectibles and more. PowerUp Rewards has over 55 million members worldwide.
5 Takeaways for Innovative Customer Loyalty Programs
Here are the five biggest loyalty takeaways from the updated GameStop loyalty program:
- Keep the program relevant by listening to your customers and refreshing your program as needed.
- Provide customers with a variety of ways to engage with the program.
- Create an emotional connection with members with benefits like customer service, access to content, and philanthropy.
- Engage belief-driven members as part of the loyalty program with opportunities to donate to causes that matter to them.
- Create a sense of exclusivity and belonging by recognizing and rewarding your most loyal customers.
Keep the Loyalty Program Relevant
GameStop’s rewards program knows the key to a successful loyalty program is to listen to their customers and act. “Based on customer feedback, our PowerUp Rewards Pro-level membership has evolved to provide our most loyal customers the opportunity to choose how they want to be rewarded,” said Frank Hamlin, chief customer officer for GameStop. “As part of an extensive test on identifying how we could enhance our PowerUp Rewards loyalty program, we recognized there are customers of all types that want to be rewarded in a variety of ways across a mix of gaming and collectible products that we offer.
Related Article: Is Gamification Right for Your Brand?
During the test, GameStop noticed a double-digit lift in Pro membership sign-ups and an overall positive sentiment across its customer base. The research also reinforced that customers are looking for more value and benefits while making their shopping experience easier and more personal.
Build Emotional Loyalty
Pro level members get more benefits and flexibility. To build emotional loyalty, GameStop is providing exclusive offers, differentiated offers, and philanthropy.
A study by CapGemini showed that highly emotional consumers buy their favorite brand 82% of the time when they need a specific item compared to 38% for less emotional consumers. Some of the key changes for PowerUp Rewards Pro members receive as part of upgrading to the paid program include:
- An instant $5 rewards certificate welcome gift
- A $5 monthly coupon – $60 annually (must be redeemed monthly)
- Choice of two Pro membership levels: $19.99 with a physical copy of Game Informer magazine, or $14.99 for a digital copy
- Exclusive offers and savings during GameStop’s PRO DAY sales
- Auto-renewal option to ensure customers’ benefits never lapse
Donate Points to Charity
Additionally, PowerUp Reward Pro members can join GameStop Gives in supporting charitable organizations that are helping make a difference for youth, veterans, and much more. In the PowerUp Rewards Center, members can choose to Game for Good by donating points to Make-A-Wish and Extra Life.
Related Article: Customer Loyalty Trend: Shared Values Matter
Need help getting your loyalty program to reach it’s potential?
Customer Insight Group is an industry leader in customer reward programs and loyalty marketing. Call 303.422.9758 to learn how we can help enhance your loyalty program, so it is driving your key business metrics successfully.
More Posts That May Interest You
Filed under: Brand Loyalty