[Source: Adobe Digital Index]
The Q1 2014 Social Intelligence Report from Adobe Digital Index indicates that Facebook dominates when it comes to social media platforms—engagement is higher on Facebook than on any other platform and is on the rise.
The report looks at the effect social media has on brands from a paid, owned, and earned perspective. The analysis is based on 260 billion Facebook ad impressions, 226 billion Facebook post impressions, 17 billion referred visits from social networking sites, and 7 billion brand post interactions, including comments, likes, and shares.
Brands are taking advantage of Facebook’s ad business, which is growing. Facebook’s ad clicks increased 70% year-over-year and 48% quarter-over-quarter and ad impressions are up 40% year-over-year and 41% quarter-over-quarter.
Other findings include:
- Facebook ad CTR is up 160% year-over-year and 20% quarter-over-quarter.
- Facebook ad CPC is down 2% year-over-year and down 11% quarter-over-quarter.
- Facebook ad impressions are up 40% year-over-year and 41% quarter-over-quarter.
- ¼ of videos played on Facebook occur on Fridays.
- 15.7% of Facebook post impressions happen on Fridays.
- Linkedin Infographic refers the second highest amount of social traffic to B2B High Tech sites.
- Revenue per visit from Tumblr is up 55% year-over-year but down 36% quarter-over-quarter.