YouTube Best Practices
There is no doubt that social media has emerged as a powerful force in today’s business world. The internet has opened markets in ways that were unfathomable twenty years ago. Every serious business entity has an online presence, no matter the industry. YouTube is yet another innovative method for individuals and organizations to reach a specific audience in a highly efficient manner. YouTube has over a billion users–almost a third of all people on the Internet–and every day, people watch hundreds of millions of hours of YouTube videos and generate billions of views.
The YouTube Channel feature allows you to build a unique collection of content, which showcases the ideas of the network, or products being sold. Understanding the tools that are available within the YouTube operating system will elevate the satisfaction of your experience, and provide a base of knowledge that maximizes your online influence.
11 YouTube Tips to Optimize Your YouTube Channel
- Your YouTube content should be intended to draw the viewer to your main website were the product can actually be viewed, product reviews examined and purchased. There should be links available for easy access as the viewer observes the content.
- Optimize your channel in order to highlight the qualities of your company. Your YouTube marketing strategy should focus on inspiring the viewer to want more information about the services or products that you have available. Links to your website must be prevalent as viewers browse your channel.
- SEO optimization using keywords is a another affective method in YouTube marketing. Each time you post a video to your channel, there will be an option to select keywords to be attached to the content. Using keywords that are relevant to the subject is a smart play. Think of your keywords as the search terms your potential customers will use to find your content. You can useYouTube auto-suggestions, Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends to optimize the keywords.
- Ensure that there are links to all other social media platforms related to your primary website. Facebook and Instagram are powerful tools of communication. Twitter is still a viable option for reaching mass audiences. There are several other social media outlets that are popular such as Snap chat and Tumbler.Combine the power of YouTube with Pinterest, you can boost your business and increase your subscribers. Each of these communication airways should be linked to your channel for optimal marketing efficiency. 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
- Align yourself with other YouTube channels that are targeting a similar market. Channels that are established may have tens of thousands of followers. Web searchers expect options. It is important that your content is available were most of the traffic is concentrated.
- Display your YouTube videos on your primary website. 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process. Insert the content into your blog post where relevant.
- Promote your YouTube videos in your emails. According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- Updates are extremely important when promoting a YouTube channel. Simply posting a video each week will draw more traffic. Keep your followers entertained with new information about your company or product. Fresh, relevant content influences purchase decisions. After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
- Get involved with your audience. Followers enjoy commenting on the content that is posted on YouTube. Respond to those comments that warrant your attention, especially those that spark conversation among the viewers themselves.
- Thoroughly fill out all of the available blocks when posting the video. This increases the chance of it having a high search rate on Google. Remember to start any copy you put into your YouTube description box with a URL/link back to your blog, opt-in page or offer page. This is the first thing your viewers will see.
- Be clever when creating content. YouTube is a popular source of obtaining information. However, it is also meant to be entertaining. Observe some of the highest viewed channels on YouTube and get an idea of how they draw in audiences.
Studying the channels that are having sustained success is key to learning the YouTube best practices. In time you will learn how to tailor your content in a manner that is best suited for the client base you intended to reach.