With over 460 million members in over 200 countries and territories, LinkedIn is world’s largest professional online network. For most companies, it plays an important role in their marketing strategies and the follow marketing stats about LinkedIn provide insightful information all marketers should know.
Stats You Need to Know about Customers and LinkedIn
- Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn. (Source: LinkedIn)
- Each month, 106 million unique users visit LinkedIn. (Source: LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn is used in 200 countries and territories, with 70% of LinkedIn users being based outside of the US. (Source: LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with over 460 million registered users. (Source: LinkedIn)
- 40% of users check LinkedIn daily. (Source: LinkedIn)
- 128 million of LinkedIn’s 467+ million users are in the U.S.
- Nearly 3 out of every 100 visitors to your LinkedIn profile will be converted into leads. (Source: Bebusinessed)
- The average LinkedIn users spend 17 minutes on the site per month.
- 39% of LinkedIn users pay for the monthly premium accounts.
- 84% of Millennial B2B buyers say their mobile device is crucial. (Source: LinkedIn)
- 67% of LinkedIn users describe themselves as “news junkies”.
- 19.7 million SlideShare’s are uploaded to LinkedIn.
- 57% of all LinkedIn traffic is mobile.
- The average user spends 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn.
- 33% of all online adults age 30-39 use LinkedIn.
- 34% of all online adults age 18-29 use LinkedIn.
- 24% of all online adults age 50-64 use LinkedIn.
- 29% of all online adults use LinkedIn.
Businesses use LinkedIn Marketing to Achieve Business Goals
- There are more than 4 million company pages. (Source: Expanded Ramblings)
- 17% of U.S. small businesses use Linkedin. (Source: Expanded Ramblings)
- 57% of companies have created LinkedIn Company Pages. (Source: Social Draft)
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content. (Source: Hootsuite)
- 81% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn in new product launches. (Source: Expanded Ramblings)
- There are 148 different industries represented on company pages. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
- To date, there are 1,275,000 products and services highlighted across LinkedIn company pages. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
- 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn when making purchasing decisions. (Source: Hootsuite)
Our infographic below, Statistics for LinkedIn highlights some impressive stats and figures that explain just how important the platform is to your B2B digital marketing strategy.
Customer Insight Group is the leading social media marketing agency in Colorado and we invite you to take advantage of these additional resources:
More Social Media Marketing Resources
Filed under: Internet Marketing