The Best News About Digital Coupon Usage
The Valassis Coupon Intelligence Report examined coupon and shopping behavior across generations and revealed insights about today’s shoppers, including their habits and preferences for saving. Results indicate that savings-oriented consumers today are driven by and utilize deals through all channels, including print, online and mobile.
When asked about their increased couponing behaviors over the past year, 58 percent of respondents reported using more print coupons, 38 percent said the same about mobile coupons and 32 percent are using online coupons or coupon codes more often. Nearly half of the respondents indicated they use six or more coupons per shopping trip with 27 percent using 10 or more coupons. By using coupons, 42 percent of those surveyed save $30 or more each week and 21 percent save $50 or more.
“Shoppers today are savvier than ever before, using all available resources to research products and find the best price,” said Curtis Tingle, Chief Marketing Officer, Valassis. “Our research indicates that consumers will continue to adopt new methods to shop and find deals. For this reason, brands must cater to the evolving, multi-tasking shopper, providing an integrated couponing strategy that crosses print, digital and mobile channels.”
5 Things Your Boss Wants You to Know about Digital Coupons
- Proximity: More than half of shoppers say they have visited a store, restaurant or other business after receiving an offer on their mobile device when they were near the business location.
- In-store mobile: 72 percent of consumers say they have looked for coupons or offers while in-store via their mobile device; millennials (90 percent) and affluent shoppers with $100K+ household incomes (81 percent) are much more likely to do so.
- Print relevance: 35 percent of shoppers use print and digital coupons equally while 51 percent say they print out digital coupons for use in-store.
- Digital engagement: More than one-third report feeling “rewarded” by the number of deals/savings received in a given day via email, text, social and app notification.
- eCommerce gaps: Over half would be more likely to shop for groceries online if they could use more coupons, with 66 percent of millennials agreeing.
Get to know your customers, learn what they like, show them you listen. It’s a little give and take that results in trust – a priceless asset well worth the work. We’ll show you how. Contact us today.
Filed under: Online Marketing