Hello Kitty has just announced that she now has 10 million
Facebook friends! To celebrate, she is sharing some small gifts to show her appreciation including Facebook profile photos, timeline cover photos, and desktop wallpaper.
It’s no surprise that 93% of Hello Kitty’s Facebook ‘likes’ are from females. It has taken since 2009 for her to accumulate all this love. And here are some interesting facts about Hello Kitty’s journey to 10 million likes:
- 18,350 people ‘like’ Hello Kitty every day!
- 1.1million people interact with Hello Kitty on Facebook every month – that includes likes, shares and comments!
- Including friends of friends, Hello Kitty’s network is 612.9 million people!
- Each Hello Kitty post gets an average of 22,900 likes, 2,400 shares, and 1,342 comments
And here is what 10 million fans looks like:
- If all Hello Kitty’s fans and their Facebook friends stood one on top of another, they could reach the moon AND back.
- If Hello Kitty fans all lived in a single city, it would be the largest city in North America and the 13th largest in the world.
- If everyone who read a post from Hello Kitty each month held hands, they could circle the earth almost 4 times.
- Almost 800 people become fans of Hello Kitty on Facebook every hour. That’s 12 people every second!
Are you a Hello Kitty fan? What do you think they are doing right?
Here is information on social media best practices that may be helpful to your efforts.
Filed under: Facebook