This article discusses how search engines are indexing the content shared on many social media sites and how it’s important to make sure that your social media strategy ties into your SEO strategy. Why is SEO important? The top organic link on page one of a SERP receives almost 50% of the clicks on the page which shows the importance of SEO. Also, SEO Spiders can crawl social media sites looking for the most relevant content and then brings it back to the search engines, so if you have relevant content on your social media, your SEO will benefit.
Why is this newsworthy?
- Internet users are becoming increasingly more aware of the difference between paid and organic links, and they trust the latter more so than pay-per-click (PPC) ads.
- When it comes to social media, companies don’t take full advantage of the link back options or maintain consistency with the keyword content on their site. In short, their efforts may be for naught.
- When people vote with likes and share your content, it earns you points with the spiders and helps your SEO.
- search engine spiders crawl social media sites, make sure you maintain keyword consistency in the content you post.
- Social Media Pages, allow you to link from your profiles back to your branding site and any other pages too. According to the search engines, these links count as relevant backlinks, helping your SEO.
- Search engines love new content, However, if you aren’t consistently active on social media every day, you’re missing out on opportunities to connect with your target audience, and your SEO will suffer.