Customer Insight Group Loyalty Blog

Fresh Ideas for Building Profitable Customer Relationships
  • Hot Topics

    Hot Topics

Gain instant Facebook Fans in-store with the Like Machine

[BizReport, 5/23/12]

A Florida entrepreneur has come up with a way of enabling customers that visit your store or restaurant to Like yourFacebook Page, even if they’re not armed with a smartphone or tablet.

Even in this mobile age, not everyone is packing the power of a smarthphone in their pocket. While smartphone penetration in the U.S. has crossed the halfway mark with 50.4% of the population owning such a device, that leaves another 49.6% who don’t. Will Damhuis, entrepreneur in Florida has come up with a better and more immediate answer – the Facebook Like Machine.

It’s a simple set-up – an iPad housed in an eye-catching unit shaped like the Facebook logo. Placed on a store counter or floor-standing, the unit’s screen is set to the businesses Facebook Page. It allows customers who are Facebook users but don’t have a smartphone to hand to Like the businesses Facebook Page right there and then.

This portable machine can be used at trade fairs or community events, as well as a place of business. Some of the brands that have used the Facebook Like Machine include:

  • Lands’ End
  • Farmers Insurance Group
  • Golf Pride
  • Norton Museum of Art
  • Bartenura Wine
  • Zina Eva Handbags
  • Rocco’s Tacos

What do you think about the Facebook Like Machine? Would you use it for your brand?