5 Best Practices for Driving Enrollment and Registration
Loyalty Program Step One: Sign up new members. Whether that’s at the launch of a program or somewhere farther down the line, enrolling new members is at the top of any loyalty program’s “to-do” list. Here are five best practices to drive program enrollment and registration.
- Include a Welcome Gift for New Members: Entice customers to join the program with a “welcome gift”. This special offer provides immediate gratification for joining and reinforces the value of the program. The welcome offer can be a texted, emailed or given to the customer at the point of purchase.
- Promote Your Loyalty Program: Leverage every customer interaction point to convey a simple, consistent message that encourages customers to join the program. Integrate your loyalty program message into in-store signage, catalog, IVR, website checkout and mobile app.
- Encourage Friend Referrals: Offer members an incentive to invite their friends to join your loyalty program.
- Educate Employees: Develop a loyalty program benefits “cheat sheet” for employees. This cheat sheet should include a succinct list of benefits of why a customer would want to enroll in the program, Make the benefits easy to articulate, simple to understand, and easily remembered.
- Run Enrollment Drives: Create excitement with staff contests to see who can enroll the most new members. (Be sure to reward not just enrollment, but complete registrations.) Running contests semi-annually to keep the contests fun and provide a regular membership boost.
Here’s a quick peek at some retailers out there who appear to be on the enrollment drive.
An email campaign invites potential members to join the Michael’s Rewards program where they can experience the following benefits:
- Free Membership
- 20% off your entire purchase (Welcome Offer)
- Special discounts
- 20% off your entire purchase (Birthday gift)
- Dedicated customer relations phone line
Spend $250 in one year and reach Gold status, and also receive:
- Michael’s Rewards surprises loaded on your card.
The League Rewards Program
Looks like this sporting good retailer is jumping onboard the loyalty bandwagon with its very own program The League by Sports Authority. Details are available at www.sportsauthorityleague.com. From the looks of it, the program is not available at all Sports Authority locations. Here are the program’s details:
- Earn one point for every dollar spent at either Sports Authority or S.A. Elite Sports Authority.
- Get 5% back when you spend $100 or more within a qualifying earning period.
- Reward Bucks are issued four times per year, stay valid for 60 days from the date of issuance, and can be used at both Sports Authority and S.A. Elite Sports Authority locations.
- Points accumulate during four earn periods and can only be earned with in-store purchases.
Spend $300 within a calendar year and you’re automatically upgraded to Legend status, which grants you:
- $5 Upgrade Reward
- Extended redemption period, from 60 days to 90 days
- $10 Birthday Reward
- Even more exclusive benefits
Filed under: Loyalty Marketing