North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, Michaels, unveiled a new loyalty program designed to deliver exciting and customized benefits including:
- Membership is free.
- Receive member-exclusive coupons.
- Receive advance notice of sales and in-store events.
- Return items without having to keep up with your receipts.
- Receive birthday coupon
- Receive coupons specific to merchandise you enjoy crafting (upon profile completion).
- Get invited to member-exclusive events.
With the loyalty program, Michaels has the opportunity to leverage the customer insight the program creates to improve the ROI of its marketing by:
- Allocating resources based on value and growth potential of its customers.
- Developing relevant messages that speak to the customer’s attitudes, behavioral drivers and needs.
- Tracking, measuring and refining promotions based on how specific customers react to targeted communication tactics.
- Tailoring price strategies that provide competitive prices while maintaining profit margins.
- Developing an internal communications plan to provide customer insight across the enterprise. This “voice of the customer” will help Michaels’ employees and departments to understand and prepare for what customers want.
Michaels recognizes that if it wants to build customer loyalty, it will need to know their customers as individuals. Now that the program is launched, Michaels will need to harness and quickly analyze all of the data at their disposal. By better understanding customers’ expectations, Michaels can provide the level of service that will create satisfaction, increase retention, and turn customers into advocates
“At Michaels, we are focused on strengthening our relationship with our customers and improving their overall shopping experience,” said Steve Carlotti Executive Vice President of Marketing. “This program not only further deepens our focus on customer engagement but it will provide valuable data to help us tailor our customer communications and promotions more effectively.”
Today, customers nationwide can sign up for the Michaels Rewards program in any Michaels store in North America or online. There is no cost to customers to join the program. To celebrate the launch of the program, Michaels Rewards members will have the chance to win one of 1,000 $100 gift cards.
The new loyalty program is focused on the Michaels experience, and members will enjoy member-only events to meet and mingle with other like-minded makers while also enjoying special shopping hours. Members will be the first to know about big sales with early alerts and will be able to utilize receipt-free returns. In addition to access to exclusive and tailored deals and department-specific coupons for Michaels, loyalty members will also receive member-only offers from other special partners.